Friday, July 29, 2011

Interviews Regarding Car Vandalism


First interviewer: CPL Lim – a young police from the neighbourhood police post, gave some tips to prevention about vandalism.

1) Why do you creat banners to acknowledge the people?

We only created banners at places where crimes happened

2) How do you think of the crime rate in Singapore?

Its rising.

3) Which places in Singapore have the highest cases?

Victoria street is rising in cases.

4) What kind of cases is happening lately?

Vandalism, robberies, shop lifting.

5) I heard there is a vandalism happening in victoria street?

Cars have been vandalized, they sprayed and scratched the car

6) Who do you think have done it?

I have no idea. it still under investigation.

7) We are going to inform the public about the crimes to create awareness and be more careful.

1)Quite successful.

2) Yes. We inform the public tell them about the incidents and tell to be more aware of the incidents. And look out for suspicious looking person who might be the culprit.

3) No.

4) This is still under investigation. We will take into account for any new we got.

5) People who drive cars.

6) They might not happy with the owner of the car or want to make fun of it. We recently received a case about a person who is vain was a victim of a car vandalism. Sometimes people have to always be polite with people surround them and do not build anger of other people.

7) School boy was beaten up by 4 other older boys.

8) Security is not tight enough.

9) Build up a banner or put up a CC TV.

Second Interviewer: Mr Tan Bee Wee from Blk 3 – a student from RP, had witnessed first-hand someone vandalising a car two months back, but was too afraid to speak up about it. Gave account of the man’s looks.


1) Why you didn't make a police report?

I don’t wish to create a buzz because I don’t wish to create fuss of it and also the process of reporting the crime where I have to go down to the police station which would usually take about few hours of time. Moreover, reporters may also come up to my door and ask me questions which I think is intruding my private time. I find it troublesome.

4) Do you know the features of the culprit? Do you remember the culprit's face?

big nose and has a mole underneath his lips and he wear a spects and he’s bald and he looks at around age 40.


Third interviewer: Mrs/Mr Vejaya from Blk 7 – a quiet person and married with 2 children, he saw similar vandalism last year.

1) Do you still remember the culprit's face?

No, it was dark that time and i cant see anything.

2) Did you report to the police?

No, as i find it very troublesome.


Fourth Interviewer: Mr Loo Talkalot from Blk 12 – vain person who speaks rather fast and remember only the fashion side of things. Was a victim of car vandalism 2 months ago.

1) Why didn't you report the case?

As i find it very troublesome! I just let it go, as It just cost me a few hundred to get the damage done.

2) Did you report to the police?

I did not, I find the procedure very long and would waste my precious time.

Fifth Interviewer: Mr Poh Hu Li from Blk 4 – witnessed another crime in carpark, where a schoolboy was beaten up by a gang of 4 other older boys last week. She/He felt you should also cover this news, but gave no comments about car vandalism.


1) Why didn't you report the case?

Yes, when i see a boy was beaten up by a gang of boys. I quickly picked up my phone and call the police, I was very frantic at that point of time.

2) So did the police get those boys at last?

Yes, they were handcuffed and i guess they were brought back to the station/.






No comments:

Post a Comment